About Me

My photo
I am awesome. Reason 1- I am. Reason 2- I am having a baby for someone else. Reason 3- I JUST AM.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Tick Tock

When I signed up for surrogacy… I had a general idea of how long it would take.  Approximately 1 year.  Well, I officially got medical clearance (saying the hubby and I are both clean and free of infection- like there was any question) last night.  So NOW we all sign contracts.  THEN shots start…. Let’s take a look at the timeline:

May 28th- Applied with THE AGENCY
June 2nd- Placed on website to be matched
July (beginning) – Interviewed with the Intended Father<<< LOVED him
Next day- officially matched
10 days later-ish - Met with psychiatrist and got clearance
August----waited waited waited
September 6th- Drove to L.A. for fertility screening
Last week- Mailed Marco’s blood and urine. TWICE (Weird)
Yesterday- Got medical clearance
Today- Start birth control pills (thank goodness!)

But from here it is still going to be a bit… contracts, shots, 4-6 weeks, then implantation.  THEN nine months of incubating.  So, there is at least 11 more months left.  I am just curious as to where the 12 month estimate comes from.   So if this is something that you are interested in- I think that a better, more accurate estimate of time is 15-18 months.  Which is fine with me, but everyone should be clear on that.
Today, the IF (Intended Father) said “I am glad I have you.”  Just a great reminder that he is truly grateful and as excited as I am about getting this baby to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment